A random selection of all things relating to music, film, sport and technology....

Friday 19 February 2010

BBC Best 10 goals of World Cup

Out of the selecting from the Beeb of world cup Goal’s NO:6 is for me my personal favorite "Dennis Berkgamp", I remember celebrating this goal at sports bar in London in 98, certainly was drowning my after going out to Argentina in the previous round. I remember being one of my best mates "Steve" and surrounded by a sea of orange, the friendliest football fans I have ever meet, and all from Holland (they got me totally smashed with flowing beers) Great people, great match, cracking goal...

What can I say about goal NO:2, was gutted we lost and cheated by the infamous "hand of god" but obvisouly the 2nd was a peach. I just remember my dad telling me "son that will be one of the best goals you will ever see, by one of the greatest all time players" yes dad you was right..

1982 World Cup was my favorite tournament, will see if I can find some good quality videos online of that tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.